Effective June 10, 2010
1. The Information STYLESIGHT Collects
• User-Provided Information: You may provide to STYLESIGHT what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your email address, zip code, credit card number and billing information) when using the Site, such as when you register for the Site or request information.
• "Cookies" Information: When you use the Site, we may send one or more cookies - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer. STYLESIGHT may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Site, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Site to their fullest potential.
• "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the Site or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include Internet Protocol address ("IP Address") or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or Sites that you visit just before or just after the Site, the pages you view on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site.
2. The Way STYLESIGHT Uses Information
• STYLESIGHT uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Site. We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or any regarding content that you have posted to the Site. You may configure the nature and frequency of certain of these messages through the Site.
• STYLESIGHT uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Site works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
• STYLESIGHT may use "automatically collected" information and "cookies" information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of STYLESIGHT and third party marketing activities; and (d) monitor aggregate Site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
• STYLESIGHT may use your email address, mobile phone number, or other personally identifiable information to send promotional email or text messages related to the Site we think you may be interested in. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your account preferences through the Site. If you wish to be removed from our lists please email with your name and email address. You will be removed within 5 business days.
3. When STYLESIGHT Discloses Information
• Your privacy is very important to us, and we are not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, disclose your personal information in a variety of circumstances.
• The Site enables users to communicate in a variety of ways. Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to include in a message to another user, such as through your username or blog entries, will be available to other users who access that content. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
• STYLESIGHT makes certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information available to interested third parties, to assist such parties in understanding our users' interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, or functionality available through the Site.
STYLESIGHT works with third party service providers to provide website hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to STYLESIGHT, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
STYLESIGHT may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
STYLESIGHT also reserves the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect STYLESIGHT and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of STYLESIGHT, our users, or others.
4. Your Choices
(a) You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with STYLESIGHT, in which case you will not be able to subscribe to the Site and STYLESIGHT may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Site. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Site. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
(b) To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
5. Third Party Services
The Site contains links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party websites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party's policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party websites or services to which links are displayed on the Site. We encourage you to learn about third parties' privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
6. Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
For that reason, STYLESIGHT does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
7. Our Commitment To Data Security
(a) STYLESIGHT uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to STYLESIGHT, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, STYLESIGHT makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
(b) If STYLESIGHT learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. STYLESIGHT may post a notice through the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at .
8. International Users
The Site is hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Site you consent to that transfer.
9. In The Event Of Merger Or Sale
In the event that all or a portion of STYLESIGHT or its assets is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
11. Contact Information
Any feedback, comments, requests for technical support or other communications should be directed to STYLESIGHT customer service through or to Stylesight, Inc., 25 W. 39th Street, New York, NY 10018.